If you don't have time to become a regular volunteer at our hospital / shelter or do not live in Chennai but still would like to contribute to the work that Blue Cross of India does, you can still help by -
Lending your special skills, such as
- visual communication design
- creative writing
- running animal awareness workshops in schools in your location
- working on creating grassroots awareness in your neighborhoods about street animals spay/neutering/vaccinations.
You can make a big difference helping with fundraising
1. Running Online fundrainsing campaigns on our Ketto page
2. Host a donation box - by hosting a donation box in your office or commercial establishment. If you own an establishment that has good footfall. Please refer to the ways-to-help menu under host-a-donation-box.
Help with population control of community animals (particularly dogs and cats) in private localities.
If you live or work in any of the following eco-systems that has freeranging un-owned dogs/cats please canvas with your resident welfare association or organisations to keep the numbers in check.
Limiting the number of free roaming animals looking for food and shelter will help reduce man-animal conflict. It limits the numbers to sustainable levels while also reducing them gradually.
-Municipalities outside Chennai Corporation Limts
-Gated Educational Institutions
-Gated Corporate Buildings, Tech Parks
Tactical or technical rescues involve complex extraction of animals that are stuck on precarious edges, ledges, pits, sewers and wells and give them another shot at being adventurous all over.
Tactical rescuing firstly involves being at peak physical fitness, and then the use of rescue equipment.
- Join our tactical rescue team and get trained by the best.
- Help execute complex rescues
- Learn to work with great discipline