Help us to help Animals
As a long supporter of the Blue Cross, you are aware that we have not had a special fundraising appeal for more than three years.
However, we urgently need an additional 30 kennels so that we can take in more dogs as in-patients. We have been forced to give priority to the street dog ABC programme of the Corporation of Chennai and all our existing kennels are presently being used for this purpose.
We appeal to our supporters to donate Rs. 5000/- towards a tile in The Millennium Wall. Each 9"x15" marble title on the main entrance wall to this block will have the donor's name engraved on it so that your concern for animals will be there for all to see and emulate.
May we request you to send your donation for Rs.5000/- by cheque drawn favouring BLUE CROSS OF INDIA along with the matter to be engraved on your title. It would be appreciated if the number of words is restricted to 30 to have uniformity of all the tiles. All donations are exempt form Income Tax under Section 80 G.
Thank you and looking forward to your continued support.
Dedicated volunteers have made the Blue Cross of India one of the country's most successful animal welfare organisations. And when you join our volunteer team, you'll find lots of fun and challenging ways to help.
IF YOU LOVE ANIMALS...
Blue Cross Of India
Working for animals since 1964
Volunteers match potential owners with cats and dogs suitable to individual lifestyles, for love stories that will last a lifetime.
Volunteers staff our adoption centre at Guindy, screening and counselling prospective adopters. They also act as public information agents for the Blue Cross of India, educating the public on such topics as proper pet care, the importance of spaying and neutering and animal behaviour.
Fill each shelter canine's day with love, socialisation and exercise by taking the Blue Cross of India's pets for walks.
CAT AND DOG SOCIALIZERS
Create a homelike environment for our animals. Play with, pet, brush, talk to and provide love for animals.
ANIMAL CARE SUPPORT
- Volunteers assist veterinary staff with recovering animals in the Spay / Neuter Clinic.
- Work with shelter personnel in the Blue Cross of India.
- Socialise, play with and walk canines in the Blue Cross.
Volunteers visit classrooms with a wide variety of resource materials about pet care, pet overpopulation problems and other topics relating to animals and the environment.
- Volunteers help organise and staff our annual special events.
- Work on pet issues at the grassroots level as neighbourhood outreach volunteers. Staff information booths at fairs and community events
- Set up appointments for the Spay/ Neuter Clinic.
- Offer clerical support services to our staff.
OTHER WAYS TO HELP
- If you don't have time to become a regular volunteer, you can still help The Blue Cross of India by
- Becoming a Foster Parent. Volunteers can provide a temporary home (usually 3-4 weeks) for animals who are either sick or injured or too young to be adopted. Volunteers can provide loving care until the pet can be placed in a permanent home; the Blue Cross of India provides for the animals' medical needs.
- Contributing your special skills, such as photography, writing and artwork.
- Becoming a Blue Cross of India donor. Your contribution is the moving force behind all our work in helping animals.