Coconut oil is good for dogs and can help aid your pets’ digestion, improve their coats, help prevent infection and more. But please note, it is important to follow the proper guidelines. As with most things, too much of even a good thing can end up having negative effects.
HEALTHY SKIN AND COAT
● Clears up eczema
● Aids flea allergies, contact dermatitis and itchy skin
● Minimises doggy odour
● Reduces allergic reactions
● Creates sleek and glossy coats
● Prevents and treats yeast and fungal infections
● When applied topically coconut oil promotes wound healing
● Also can help with hot spots, dry skin and hair, bites and stings
● Improves digestion
● Increases nutrient absorption
● Helps with colitis and inflammatory bowl syndrome
● Reduces or eliminates bad breath
● Helps with coughing
● Assists with weight loss
● Powerful antibacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal agents
● Balances insulin and promotes normal thyroid function
● Helps prevent or control diabetes
● Aids arthritis and ligament problems
● Helps prevent infection and disease
● Aids in increasing energy
When starting your dog on coconut oil, it is absolutely vital that you start slow. Begin slow, start with a tiny amount. Your dog needs to take time for their body to adjusts to the addition to their diet. If you start with a larger amount of coconut oil, your dog could react poorly. Side effects can include diarrhoea or greasy stools.
START WITH SMALL AMOUNTS
¼ teaspoon per day for small dogs and puppies.
1 teaspoon for large dogs, or even just a dab if your dog’s constitution is sensitive.
AFTER YOU’VE LET THEIR BODY ADJUST, A GENERAL GUIDELINE FOR THE OPTIMAL DOSE OF COCONUT OIL FOR DOGS IS.
About 1 teaspoon per 10 pounds of body weight daily
Or about 1 tablespoon per 30 pounds
Again, DO NOT start with these amounts in the beginning!
BUY A GOOD QUALITY NON SCENTED COCONUT OIL USED FOR COOKING.
Support Blue Cross of India to support over 1500 animals in our shelter.
Please consider sponsoring feed for our animals.
Please visit the link below to send us your gift:
You can help us to reach more animal lovers with your:
LIKE, SHARE AND COMMENTS
Thank you! 😀