If you think that an animal is being abused or neglected, it is important that you do something about it. Your involvement may be the animal’s only hope.
1. Speak up, because if you don’t, who will?
2. Know the law. (http://bluecrossofindia.org/animalrights)
3. Document the crime
4. File a first information report (FIR) with the police immediately.
5. Notify other appropriate authorities. E.g if the abuse is in a temple, inform in writing/email to Endowment department. If witness the cruelty in a tourist spot, inform tourist ministry of the state.
6. Contact animal-protection groups in your town.
7. Be persistent.
8. Write about it to the newspapers & news channels
9. Post it on social media